Anarque et annonces

babybelle - 23 mars 2010 à 10:27
 Bisounours - 30 mars 2010 à 13:28
Bonjour,

Je suis actuellement à la recherche d'un logement à Londres (pour une durée d'un mois) et après de nombreuses recherches sur internet (et de nombreux refus), deux propriétaires m'ont répondu (contactées sur Gumtree). Elles ont joint à leurs mails des photos, qui ne semblent pas tirées d'un magazine de déco, et les prix, s'ils me paraissent corrects, ne sont pas non plus "une véritable aubaine" (entre 350£ et 400£ mensuels la chambre double pour deux personnes). Après plusieurs échanges, elles m'ont toutes deux proposé d'effectuer les formalités nécessaires afin que l'appartement me soit réservé (en août). Habitant en France et ne comptant pas aller en Angleterre d'ici là, et donc avant d'avoir trouvé un logement, j'ai du mal à trouver une solution qui garantisse la sécurité des deux parties. Voici leurs mails, qu'en pensez-vous ?

"Hi XXX,

Am so happy to read back from you and thanks for your interest in my flat. I want you to know that there are other interested candidates in this flat too but mean that you really need the flat urgently because i could see that in your mail, so it will be my happiness to retain the flat down for you and your wife till arrival but before i do that, i will need to see a proof that you will not turn me off due to my past bitter experience.

I had once retained my flat for a lady who is coming to London for an internship but would you believe that this lady didn't contact me when she got to London, she just waste my time and made me loose contacts from all other interested candidates. before i can retain the flat down for you till your arrival, i will need to see proof that you will not make me regret doing this. I will not ask you to pay me now because i knew it's not proper but what you are going to is that; you will have to sign my tenancy agreement form thereafter, you will make the transfer of the rent fee plus the security deposit(£870) via money gram transfer.

This is how you will go about the transfer, you will go to any nearby post office very close to your flat with your wife and £870 cash ( don't know how much that would be in your currency) and when you get there, you will tell them you want to make a transfer using their service and you will be given a payment slip to fill, below is what you will fill on it;

Sender's name: Your close friend or relative name
Receiver's name: Your own name
Sender's address: Your friend or relative address over there
Receiver's address: London, United Kingdom
Amount to transfer: £670

Once you fill it, you will give the agent the money and you would be given a payment receipt, so you will scan the receipt given to you by the agent with the signed agreement form by you and email it to me for confirmation and i will call money gram customer care here in XXX to confirm if you truly did the transfer and once I confirm, i will sign the agreement form, ask my lawyer to prepare the payment receipt, stamp it. so when you arrive into London on your arrival date, i will come and pick you up, take you to any nearby money gram shop and you will collect your money out and pay me in hands-hands, i will give you the flat key and you will move-in into the flat. if you are ok with this, i want you to get back to me now with the information below so that my lawyer can prepare the agreement form for you to sign and you can go ahead and do the transfer of the money;

Your full name
Your phone number
Your present contact address
Your move-in date (the date you intend to move-into my flat)
Your move-out date (The date you will be moving-out of my flat)

For you to know whom you dealing with, i can email you my picture and ID so that your mind can be at peace that everything is fine. thanks for your time and interest in my flat, have a lovely weekend.

Warmest Regards,
Stephanie"

Et le deuxième :

"Hello,

Thanks for your mail.I do appreciate your interest in my flat,But if you want me to keep the flat waited for you till then you will need to sign a contract because i have many

interested peoples both home and abroad so if you want my flat you will need to act fast by sending me your full name with contact address to send to my lawyer to make a

contract send to you with my ID so that you can sign the contract and send it back to me with you ID after signing the contract you will need topay security deposit with one

month rent so that i can issue a receipt for you which you will bring when coming down to London.Kindly let me know if you agree if so you could send me your full name

with contact to make contract.Yes am ok with the period.

Regards"

Merci d'avance pour vos avis.

4 réponses

Isis_84 Messages postés 4108 Date d'inscription mercredi 11 mars 2009 Statut Contributeur Dernière intervention 26 juillet 2012 554
23 mars 2010 à 10:40
Bonjour babybelle,

Je peux lire :

"you will make the transfer of the rent fee plus the security deposit(£870) via money gram transfer"

Traduction pour ceux qui ne parlent pas anglais : "vous ferez le paiement du montant de la location plus la caution par Money Gram"

Ensuite les indications pour remplir le formulaire à la poste :

Sender's name: Your close friend or relative name
Receiver's name: Your own name
Sender's address: Your friend or relative address over there
Receiver's address: London, United Kingdom
Amount to transfer: £670

c'est à dire qu'il te demande de marque le nom d'un ami en "expéditeur", et ton propre nom en tant que "destinataire" et des adresses bidons...
De plus, le montant à envoyer n'est plus de 870 £ mais de 670 £.

Donc, arnaque évidente, dans la mesure où ce type te demande d'envoyer de l'argent en avance, sans aucune sécurité. Le fait qu'il dise de mettre ton nom prouve l'incohérence de la chose, et montre qu'il ne lui faut que ces infos pour récupérer l'argent, avec la complicité de l'agent money gram de son pays, qui à mon avis, n'est autre que le Nigeria.

Isis
Merci Isis,

Il me semblait bien qu'il s'agissait d'une arnaque. Je n'arrive tout de même pas à trouver une solution pour résoudre ce problème : comment faire pour donner au futur propriétaire une sécurité suffisante sans pour autant risque de me faire arnaquer si je ne peux pas le rencontrer en personne avant la période éventuelle de location ? Y a-t-il des personnes qui ont été dans la même situation que moi ?

Par ailleurs, pourrais-tu s'il te plaît me dire ce que tu penses de la seconde annonce, elle est plus courte et semble moins "formatée".

"Hello,

Thanks for your mail.I do appreciate your interest in my flat,But if you want me to keep the flat waited for you till then you will need to sign a contract because i have many

interested peoples both home and abroad so if you want my flat you will need to act fast by sending me your full name with contact address to send to my lawyer to make a

contract send to you with my ID so that you can sign the contract and send it back to me with you ID after signing the contract you will need topay security deposit with one

month rent so that i can issue a receipt for you which you will bring when coming down to London.Kindly let me know if you agree if so you could send me your full name

with contact to make contract.Yes am ok with the period.

Regards"
Isis_84 Messages postés 4108 Date d'inscription mercredi 11 mars 2009 Statut Contributeur Dernière intervention 26 juillet 2012 554
23 mars 2010 à 17:22
Idem, arnaque, la même chose.

Dès qu'on te demande de payer d'avance, c'est sûr c'est une arnaque.
Je confirme ce que dit Isis. Déjà quand tu vois "i" au lieu de "I" pour le pronom personnel, tu peux être sûre que ce n'est pas un Anglais qui t'écrit. Ensuite, le fait de demander le transfert par mandat cash, Western Union ou Moneygram. Il faut qu'on te demande de payer via un compte bancaire, et là tu as normalement possibilité d'appeler la banque en Angleterre. Vérifier aussi dans l'annuaire le véritable nom du proprio et l'appeler (au numéro figurant dans l'annuaire, pas au numéro qu'il te donne par mail !)
Vérifier l'adresse IP des mails : si pas en Angleterre, arnaque, si en Angleterre... pas sûr qu'il y soit vraiment non plus, mais bon... c'est toujours une indication.
Là où je ne suis pas d'accord avec Isis, c'est sur le fait de payer d'avance. Pour réserver une location, un propriétaire demandera TOUJOURS des arrhes pour bloquer la réservation. C'est bien là le problème de louer à distance.
Tu aurais peut-être intérêt à passer par une agence sur internet, c'est beaucoup plus facile de vérifier son existence et son véritable n° de téléphone.